Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last year I found a great group of people that help others in thier search for employment. They also have opportunities to work toward new fields of interest. The first day I went I spoke to a woment to showed me a lot tricks to internet searching. I did not have the internet at the time but my son fixed me up. I could not not believe that I was so naive. I had been so discouraged by the newpaper, cold mailing and just walking into places that usually were not hiring. They also offered possible funds for education if qualified, free mini seminars every week on different employment search statagies. The first thing I found out that my resume should be no longer that one page, I had two. I went home and had to get creative in what to leave, change or eliminate. It took some time but I'm proud of it and have had several resume " experts" give me thier thought about it and they liked it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment